Pages

▼

Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Pretty Outdoor Weatherproof Bunting DIY



Abbis birthday is early in March. She was very keen to have her party outside.  The garden looks woefully stark just now, so I strung up some bunting that I made last year with wallpaper samples and a laminator, to make it look a little prettier.  This Pretty Outdoor Weatherproof bunting is perfect for a wet English summer.

No rain on the day of the party, but it was freezing cold (didn't stop the girls playing outside)

I love a bit of bunting....I like the idea that "to bunt" is a verb.....however I digress.

To make the bunting, I cut lots of triangles using scissors with a scalloped edge.  I then ran them through a standard laminating machine (about 3-4 per page), cut holes, and strung them up.

They look very pretty, and can easily withstand the English weather.







4 comments:

  1. Great idea for us here in the UK, it looks so beautiful! I've terrible with crafting but I've always thought I might sometime try my hand at bunting...this has rekindled that desire :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful Kanchan, its seriously addictive. I can practically "bunt" our entire street! Cant believe you are terrible at crafting, your baking looks so beautiful! xx

      Delete
  2. I really never thought to weatherproof bunting before, but it's such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim - you are so sweet to come and visit. Thankyou! You probably haven't thought of weatherproof bunting because you don't like in London. Tee hee. Needs must !! It rains a lot here! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment. I appreciate each and every one.